Saturday, January 17, 2009

Some Administrative Notes

Hi All:

Thanks for following bookd. It's been a good first couple of days.

Just a few notes:

1. The biggest thorn so far is the automatic insertion of "via @yourhandle." Sorry, but I can't change that. If you submit a recommendation and it gets badly truncated, send me email. I'll delete it (sorry, I can't edit it) and you can re-submit a shorter version.

2. If you want to submit a recommendation to bookd, three basic things must happen: you need to follow bookd, bookd needs to follow you, and then you need to submit your recommendation via direct message, not via an @ message. I'll get an @ message, and that's an ok way to send me a brief public note if you need to, but submitting a recommendation via an @ message won't put it "onto" bookd.

3. *Anything* you send to bookd via a direct message will appear on bookd. Don't take it personally, but I have and will continue to delete "thanks for following me back" kinds of tweets that find their way onto bookd. I want to keep bookd as clean as possible. I've not yet decided if I'm going to delete "yeah, me too!" tweets.

4. The best way to get in touch with questions, suggestions, etc is via email: bookdblog@yahoo.com. Hey, Twitter can't do everything :-)



Again, thanks. Now make someone want to buy a book!

No comments:

Post a Comment